What Kind Of Custody Arrangement Is Best For Your Family?
Our lawyers know that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all custody arrangement. What is fair and workable for one family can create chaos and ill will for another. Some of the elements that make up a custody arrangement include:
- Whether the parents will have joint (shared) legal and physical custody.
- A parenting plan outlining time each parent will spend with the child, how they will deal with vacations and holidays and how they will resolve conflicts and changes in schedule.
- If a parent moves out of town, what sort of visitation rights they will be permitted, and under what conditions.
- If one parent will be awarded child support to assist with meeting the child’s needs.
- How the child’s extracurricular expenses and health insurance coverage will be handled.
If you can negotiate some or all of the terms of your custody arrangement in a pre-trial settlement, you can collaborate with your spouse to custom-fit the terms to your child’s needs. Once the divorce reaches the litigation stage, the judge is obligated to follow Ohio family law to determine your custody situation.
Safeguard Your Children’s Wellbeing
Custody decisions can have life-long effects on your children. Trust the attorneys of Johnson & Core, LLP to advocate for a fair, responsible agreement that puts your family’s health and safety at the forefront. Call our offices in Columbus to schedule an appointment, or email us.